Thursday 10 March 2011

Evangelism and me as the unbeliever....

Studying away at the moment and thinking and reflecting about projects such as the beach huts and what is actually going on, and honestly thinking about what i am trying to achieve. It has got me thinking about what my role is as a priest.

I no longer think that as it has been in the past, my job (if it ever has been! Maybe it just n my head!) is to convince people of God and therefore bring them into church to become Christians but rather it is much more ambiguous than that.

It would be more something like this.....


You don't need me to tell you about God as you will already have made up your mind in one way or another, but rather if you would allow me to tilt your spiritual axis to allow you to think about faith in a new way. I am not going to tell you what is right or wrong you will know that yourself.

But hopefully by talking and journeying together for a while you might be able to show me the faith that i have not yet got.


mmm ..... ponderings.

Posted via email from ben's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment